When you apply to study your EdD online with the University of Miami, you are required to submit graduate exam results, such as your GRE or GMAT score.
If you do not have a score to submit, you can register to sit the GRE test. We advise applicants to register early, as tests need to be booked in advance and places are limited.
Applying to UOnline
How to Submit a Successful Application
You need to complete all the elements of the application and submit all the required documentation before you can be considered for admission.
1. Create an account
Visit our online application portal.
2. Upload your documents
- A copy of your transcripts from all academic institutions attended
- Your Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)*
- Most recent resume
- Personal statement: one-page detailing your interest in the program in relation to your professional background and career aspirations
International students who do not hold an undergraduate degree from the U.S. must also submit their Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score.
*The requirement may be waived for applicants with more than years of post-graduate work experience or active duty military personnel.
3. Submit your official transcripts
- Electronically (preferred) to: email@example.com
- Or by mail to:
Online Enrollment – Admissions Office | University of Miami
Gables One Tower, 1320 S Dixie Hwy, Suite 902-locator code 2991
Coral Gables, FL 33146 – 2991
Please note: All applicants who have attended a college or university outside the U.S. must submit official transcripts and diplomas from all colleges and universities attended to one of the three approved evaluation services:
- Josef Silny & Associates (JS&A)
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE)
- World Education Services (WES)
4. Professional recommendations
Enter the names and contact information of two people who can comment on your professional ability.
Referees will receive an email to complete a recommendation online. These must be completed before the application deadline to be considered for admissions.
5. Apply for financial aid
Click here to find out more about the scholarships and financial aid options open to UOnline students.
University of Miami School Codes: FAFSA: 001536, GRE: 5815